Clear Path for Veterans is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization founded in 2011. We serve the Veteran & family populations in New York through our facility in Chittenango, just East of Syracuse.
Lure CoursingOctober 26, 2014
10:00 AM / 01:00 PM
What is it? Lure coursing is a fast-paced chase sport for dogs… it requires no special skills or training, just a dog that loves the thrill of the chase. Donna DeVoist, owner of Wylde Pups(TM) Gentle Dog Training and Lure Coursing, manages and runs the entire event. These events are open to the public. Most dogs are eligible to participate, assuming they are in good physical condition
The nearly 2-acre field being used for the coursing event is fully enclosed with orange barrier fencing. Water is available on site (however, please bring additional drinking water and your own bowls). Some shaded areas are present.
How do I Sign Up? Reserve one or more spots by going to www.wyldepups.com and signing up for a time. However, walk-ins will be accommodated until slots are full (max 12 runs/hour)
Cost is $7 per dog, per run. Part of the proceeds help support Clear Path's Dogs2Vets program
If there are significant storms in the area. Participants should call Donna Devoist that morning (607-648-2696) if the weather seems threatening.
• All dogs must be crated or leashed SECURELY, except when running… no loose dogs!
• Dogs should not be dog-aggressive or people-aggressive.
• At the signal, dogs will be hand released.
• Inexperienced dogs will be run one at a time.
• This is a highly arousing sport for many dogs (so be prepared to discover that your mild-mannered dog becomes a barking maniac when the lure starts up!). Be mindful of your dog and its proximity to other dogs and people… very aroused dogs can sometimes re-direct their arousal to another dog or to a person standing close by. Bottom line: keep some distance between your dog and others.
• Stay alert, maintain control of your dog, and stay safe!
• IMPORTANT NOTE: Prong, Choke, or Electronic collars are NOT allowed, so be sure to bring and use properly fitting flat buckle collars, martingale collars, or body harnesses.
Combat Vets AnonymousOctober 27, 2014
06:00 PM / 08:00 PM
NOTE: COMBAT VETERANS!
- CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT WITHOUT MEDS, MARIJUANA, OR ALOCHOL
- GET ALONG GREAT WITH YOUR WIFE, FAMILY AND OTHER CIVILIANS
- DO NOT REGULARLY ABUSE ALOCHOL OR OTHER DRUGS
- CAN HANDLE LOUD NOISES, CROWDS, AND STUPID DRIVERS
THEN, CONGRATULATUONS! YOU DO NOT NEED US!
BUT, IF YOU CAN’T, THEN QUITE POSSIBLY YOU TOO HAVE COMBAT OR SERVICE-CONNECTED P.T.S.D. LIKE US AND YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK US OUT.
COMBAT VETS ANONYMOUS – C.V.A
COMBAT VETS ANONYMOUS (CVA) IS AN A.A. LIKE GROUP:
A TWELVE STEP SPITITUAL RECOVERY AND MUTUAL SUPPORT GROUP FOR VETERANS OF ALL WARS WHO HAVE POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER
*WE ARE NOT PART OF THE V.A.
*WE CHARGE NO FEES
*LIKE A.A. WE ARE SPITITUAL, BUT NOT RELIGIOUS
*OUR MEETINGS ARE ANONYMOUS AND CONFIDNETIAL
*WE ARE ALL VETERANS WITH P.T.S.D.
*NO “EXPERTS”- NO “COUNSELORS” – NO “WANNABES”!
*WE ARE BY VETS, FOR VETS!
MEETINGS ARE EVERY MONDAY FROM 6:00 P.M. TO 8:00 P.M.
AT CLEAR PATH FOR VETERANS
1223 SALT SPRINGS ROAD, CHITTENANGO, NY
JUST DROP IN… OR YOU CAN CALL: DEREK @ 315-396-3447
Employment Clinic 'Dress for Success'October 29, 2014
10:00 AM / 12:30 AM
Weekly CanteenOctober 29, 2014
10:00 AM / 02:00 PM Clear Path for Veterans 315-687-3300
Health & Wellness ExpoNovember 1, 2014
09:00 AM / 03:00 PM Binghamton Vet Center, 53 Chenango St. Binghamton, NY 13901
How Can You Help
There are a variety of ways you can help Clear Path. We have a Volunteer Program, and accept donations of money and materials. All donations go completely towards program development. No donation is too small and we currently offer a variety of ways you can help.
Our MissionRecognizing the responsibility of communities to help those who serve, Clear Path for Veterans empowers service members, veterans, and their families through supportive programs and services in a safe, respectful environment.
Our PartnersOur collaboration with like-minded organizations provides an accurate and varied list of recreation, civic/government, education, VA and other support programs available to veterans and their families.